[fpc-pascal] fpweb fcgi: auto shutdown feature

Horacio Jamilis hjamilis at pymesoft.com.ar
Sun May 30 23:16:33 CEST 2010

I am new to this technology... I was using isapi, with and isapoloader
dll, that was responsible of the upgrade of the application.
The isapiloader before sending the  request to the actual isapi
application, it tried to find if there is a new version of it, with the
same name of the dll but with extensión .new, and if it finded it, it
unload the real application dll, replace it with the .new one, and load
it again. This way it is possible to replace the application without
stoping the web server.
Something like this is necessary with fcgi? Does the cgi gateway do this
also?
What could be even better is the possibility to save all the users
active sessions data to same temporary file before unload (or kill) the
running application module, and to be loaded after the new one is loaded
so the users do not even note that the version changed, and do not get
them out.

I expect you understand what I mean... but I don´t know if all this is
doable, or available in the current fpweb fcgi implementation.

Thanks

Horacio