[fpc-pascal] fpweb fcgi: auto shutdown feature

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Sat May 29 10:51:05 CEST 2010

On 29 Mei 2010, at 15:36, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> The FCL FastCGI class does not have a config file.
> If you want that, you must implement that yourself.

Alright then.

> It is one of the flaws of ExtPascal's implementation: everything is tied
> together, using fixed formats for config files.

Whether it's a flaw or not, it just a matter of POV. Wanderlan seems to be a KISS concept lover. When a simpler way could get the job done, then be it. If then something more complex is needed, then improve it when the need is here. He's a very pragmatic developer, I would say.

> When it would be far better to provide properties which can be set/unset at will: A modular design,
> allowing to re-use the components in setups that the implementor didn't think of.

ExtPascal's code, despite the flaws as you said, is very easy to be understood because of its simplicity. Somehow I think it's good to attract new contributors because s/he doesn't need too learn a huge beast OO framework beneath it. I only needed a mere couple of hours to get a good grasp of it. If the code become more complex, a refactoring effort can be done easily. Besides, it's (always) a work in progress. I believe it'll evolve, just like the other open source projects. ;)

-Bee-