[fpc-pascal] $CODEALIGN / Dynamic Arrays

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu May 27 10:05:39 CEST 2010

On 27 May 2010, at 09:47, Helmut Hartl wrote:

> Does the $CODEALIGN (http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu9.html
> )
> directive influence dynamic array memory layout ?

No, that directive only influences static code and data layout.

> I need an an aligned dynamic array of vectors for SSE operations. If
> the
> fpc dynamic array implementation supports alignment somehow I would
> not
> need an own implementation of an allocator.

It doesn't support that. The proper way to support it would be to add
some kind of vector data type to the compiler, whose rtti would
indicate the alignment requirements (so the dynamic array allocation
would take care of the alignment automatically).

Jonas