[fpc-pascal] Powtils Apache and Windows Seven 64bits

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Tue May 25 10:32:43 CEST 2010

On 25 Mei 2010, at 15:12, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Seems like Graeme is not the only one who is not always listening:

Hahahaha... I know. :D When you point a finger, there are three fingers pointing back at you! ;)

> I said several times before, FastCGI exists since a long time in Free Pascal; why would you need ExtPascal code for it ?

Sorry, maybe I missed some of your emails. When I needed FCGI, I found ExtPascal first before fpWeb. I found fpWeb when my app had coded mostly using ExtPascal. So, I ignored it at that time. Now, I'm considering to use fpWeb for my next projects. But, the lack of CGI gateway/proxy support, and knowing ExtPascal code got refactor lately, I haven't yet made any decision. Any suggestion?

> All in all, I see very little reason for using ExtPascal - if you are
> interested only in the FastCGI code. If you want ExtJS, it's a different
> story.

Though I no longer use ExtPascal, except to maintain 2 legacy web apps that already been on production, I still care about this project. Its future is still promising to provide web app dev tool using pascal. Especially when Wanderlan is starting to work on the web IDE. Perhaps fpWeb got better design and all, but the ease of use of ExtPascal made it more attractive to common delphi/pascal programmers, especially with ExtP Toolkit. I even promoting it in my local delphi/pascal community, along with fpWeb and FreeSpider. More alternative is better for the community, I suppose. ;)

-Bee-