[fpc-pascal] FPC not mentioned on JSON website?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri May 14 10:09:18 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 14 May 2010, at 09:51, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 14 May 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>
>>> If fcl-json is feature complete, then I don't mind emailing the JSON
>>> website myself, that is not an issue at all.
>>
>> What is feature complete ?
>
> I suppose supporting everything defined in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt (it's a fairly short and simple rfc, so that's certainly likely).

That, it certainly is.

But one could envisage a complete streaming system
(as in converting RTTI to streams) based on JSON.

>From an Object Pascal point of view, that would be more
feature-complete.

Anyway, I contacted the author: Douglas Crockford.

It was funny to discover that I actually own a book written
by this man. I knew the name rang a bell... :-)

Michael.