[fpc-pascal] a few trivial questions

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu May 13 18:18:07 CEST 2010

On 13 May 2010, at 17:57, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Jonas Maebe schrieb:
>>> Of course she did! Just look at trends in programming languages (and styles) of the past. How can you say that nothing will change ever.
>> Please take this sort of discussions to the fpc-other list.
>
> What "sort" of discussion?

Discussions about disagreements on philosophical issues.

> Is it only me or do you censore other mails too?

I stop threads on fpc-pascal from time to time when they become off-topic for that list. I am not targeting you in particular.

> What an arrogant attitude! Why did you allow Vincent to start this "sort of discussion" while sensoring mine?

This mailing list is generally not moderated. That means that all mails are immediately sent to the mailing list. Unless the system is changed so that all mails require prior moderator approval, some mails will always get to the mailing list. Additionally,
a) I do not read the mailing list every minute, so it can take a while before I react
b) to avoid posting too many of these end-of-thread notices, I sometimes wait a while so that a thread will hopefully die out by itself (but I did not see that happening here)
c) if I posted myself in such a discussion (in error or not -- I'm also only human), I feel I have to leave it open for a while longer to avoid getting the last word and then closing tings down for everyone else (but that was not the case here, and you got the last word in this discussion *on this list*; keep in mind that you all are free to continue it on the fpc-other list)

Jonas
FPC mailing lists admin