[fpc-pascal] a few trivial questions

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu May 13 11:25:28 CEST 2010

> I personally hate 0-based counting because no
> human counts 0, 1, 2 etc.. so why must computers?

Yes. That's my feeling too. Zero-based arrays/lists always generate trouble because of substracting or adding one in many places. It makes code much less readable.

> But because 0-based is so
> standardized in programming languages,

Well, it is mainly C that has this "standardization". In Pascal this was never a standard.

> it's just easier to follow the crowd
> than fight them. :-)

In the first place it is. But if it would be available, the crowd may change its mind.