[fpc-pascal] UTF8Decode

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 11 09:15:46 CEST 2010

Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
>> I am pretty sure it is the other way around, UnicodeString is the unicode
>> version of AnsiString and is thus reference counted. WideString is the
>> OLEstring compatible string, and is not reference counted.
>
> Correct.

In that case the FPC documentation is wrong. Then could you correct the ref
documentation please - Section 3.2.5. As quoted below, the docs say
WideString is reference counted.

----------[ FPC 2.4 language reference doc ]-----------------
3.2.5   WideStrings
Widestrings (used to represent unicode character strings) are implemented
in much the same way as ansistrings: reference counted, null-terminated
arrays, only they are implemented as arrays of WideChars instead of regular
Chars.

  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/