[fpc-pascal] FPC + 64bit Windows => anybody?

Alan Krause alank at shermanloan.com
Mon May 3 19:07:39 CEST 2010

There is a 64-bit cross compiler for Windows, and I have been using it over
the last few months.

I am porting my company's loan calculation DLL from Delphi to FPC. This was
initially done to support 32-bit linux, but the pace has picked up due to a
client who wants to know when a 64-bit version will be available for
Windows. A 64-bit version of Delphi is nowhere to be seen, and no one at
Embarcadero will even talk about when it will be available, hence my efforts
with FPC.

The results so far have been fairly promising, as I now have shared
libraries for all 4 platforms (Win 32/64, Linux 32/64). There have been a
few hiccups along the way, but I have worked most of them out.

The only thing I need to work on now is improving the speed of the 64-bit
Windows port - it is just extremely sluggish compared to the other 3
platforms, and I'm not sure why.

Good luck,
  Alan