[fpc-pascal] TCgiApplication in cgiapp unit - mostly deprecated

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Mon May 3 14:37:15 CEST 2010

Am Monday 03 May 2010 14:24:48 schrieb Marcos Douglas:
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
>
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some reasons:
> >  * Free Pascal is open source (always available and no vendor lock-in)
> >  * Free Pascal is free, so can always use latest version at NO cost.
> >  * Previous skills from Delphi 7 project can be reused. No need to
> > retrain developers. Saving 1000's in cost.
> >  * Previous business domain code can be reused. Saving hundreds of hours
> >   in development time.
> >  * No runtime or VM is required to run apps (unlike PHP, C# or Java).
> >  * Development tools are free and again open source.
>
> Yes, are good reasons.
>
> > I know of many developers or companies using ExtPascal to write web
> > apps. I unfortunately have not looked at it yet. I started our CGI
> > apps long before I found out about ExtPascal.
>
> I do not knew about this! Can you post a few links of companies using
> ExtPascal? Would be very good to post these links in list of
> ExtPascal.
>
> Well, ExtPascal use FastCGI approach. People say FastCGI is more
> powerful than CGI, because the application continues in memory...
> What about do you think about performance of CGI apps?
>

> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Rainer Stratmann
>
> <RainerStratmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> > Here is a Web Server programmed entirely in Freepascal:
> > http://ip.klimaregelung.de/ip.php?action=connect&benutzercode=Stratmann
> > No Apache or PHP or something else.
> >
> > Because it is a small embedded computer at home only 20 connections at a
> > time are possible. But it would be possible to expand with more powerful
> > computers.
>
> Do you use FastCGI or CGI?
> How do you limits max connections?
I don't know what CGI is. Nevertheless I was able to program a webserver
completely in freepascal. It isn't that complicate (if you have time).
If a connection comes in then I prove how many connections are already open,
and if it exceeds the max_connection value (which I set to 20 now) then I
close immediately the new incoming connection. If you want I show you sample
code. I work with nonblocked sockets. So everything is in one thread.
best regards, Rainer