[fpc-pascal] linked list to criticize

Frank Church vfclists at googlemail.com
Mon May 3 10:58:12 CEST 2010

I don't wish to sound negative here, but I think something like
doubly-linked lists is fundamental and doesn't need an implementation
specially made for the FPC community, unless it needs to be adapted to the
language implementation itself or the execution environment.

There must be dozens of implementations out there in textbooks and even in
languages other than Pascal and it should be possible to check the code
against that, just by inspection alone, not even by running tests.

If it has to fit into some preferred FPC libraries, or the FPC community's
ways of working that's okay, but its correctness should never be in doubt
before it goes in.

On 2 May 2010 21:20, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think it would be good if you add a link to your package here:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Components_and_Code_examples
>
> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Frank Church