[fpc-pascal] TCgiApplication in cgiapp unit - mostly deprecated

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 2 19:29:36 CEST 2010

On 2 May 2010 17:17, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> I need to rewrite a Desktop app, coded in Delphi 7, to Web. The

Some reasons:
 * Free Pascal is open source (always available and no vendor lock-in)
 * Free Pascal is free, so can always use latest version at NO cost.
 * Previous skills from Delphi 7 project can be reused. No need to retrain
   developers. Saving 1000's in cost.
 * Previous business domain code can be reused. Saving hundreds of hours
   in development time.
 * No runtime or VM is required to run apps (unlike PHP, C# or Java).
 * Development tools are free and again open source.

> Exists a project open source, in Pascal, here in Brazil. It's call
> ExtPascal <http://code.google.com/p/extpascal/>. This is a project to
> code Web apps. It use ExtJS for client and Pascal for server.

I know of many developers or companies using ExtPascal to write web
apps. I unfortunately have not looked at it yet. I started our CGI
apps long before I found out about ExtPascal.

  - Graeme -