[fpc-pascal] Debugging CGI web apps

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:54:29 CET 2010

Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> Well, I'm currently very busy with CGI, and I use dbugintf and the
> debug server app from Lazarus. Works like a charm for me.

I'm using something similar - the "poor mans debug interface". :-)

  $ tail -F /tmp/myapp.log

> You can use the embedded server created by Joost van der sluis, (see his
> webdesign package)

I was also thinking in these lines, but then couldn't figure out how an
embedded server is actually going to help?

> or use a fastcgi app: as soon as it is started, connect
> gdb to it, with the -p option.

Oh, this sounds good. fastcgi is always running CGI too, unlike standard
CGI.  I must really take a look at this - it should help my database
connections too. Thanks.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/