[fpc-pascal] tstringlist.savetostream

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 18:05:54 CET 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 2:53:44 AM, you wrote:

TAH> After running tstringlist.savetostream how can I make sure that the
TAH> buffer has been flushed and data sent successfully?

If the call returns everything has been saved, if not an exception
should happend, but you can not know if data has been flushed to disk,
that's a task for your OS, so you must ask the OS about flushed data.

So in other words, if no exception, everything is saved. If you wish to
know if data is phisically written to media you must know the stream
media and ask the underlaying OS for information, but in this case the
stream mode is not the way to go because stream hides that
intentionally to the programmer (like hiding handles or any other OS
dependent data).

--
Best regards,
 José