[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit on WinCE

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Mon Mar 15 17:45:32 CET 2010

Hi Adrian,

> Hi, this is the first time I looked at fpGUI. Very nice work !
>
> I tried to cross compile some examples for WinCE and it worked so far -
> looks like my search is over and I found a nice little GUI framework for
> that platform. I was not satisfied with LCL (much too big), KOL (too
> weird) and I even thought of switching to c++ and QT, but QT apps take
> ages to load on a phone.
>
> One thing I found is, that when a fpGUI application is running on my
> WinCE phone (even when it is in the background), the phone will slow
> down dramatically. I guess there is an event loop which is too busy -
> any idea ?

I'm also using fpGUI for WinCE (and Linux) and I'm excited to see fpGUI
continue moving forward.

You probably don't need it but I would like to point out for the benefit
of others reading this message thread that I have posted a minimal
FreePasacal and fpGUI distribution for cross-compiling WinCE
applications near the bottom of this page:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm

Paul Breneman
www.dbReplication.com - VCL database replication components
www.TurboControl.com - Hardware and software development services
- Educational programming project for environment monitoring
- Information on using FreePascal for embedded systems
- Support information for the TurboPower open source libraries