[fpc-pascal] Mozilla XPCOM

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:39:34 CEST 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

Friday, June 4, 2010, 2:10:22 PM, you wrote:

>> If that's the case is any kind of workaround ? Callbacks are only 4 or
>> 5 functions +/- and maybe I can create another thread (in pascal) and
>> inquiry this thread to process the data and put result in some kind of
>> shared memory block ?
MVC> I've been studying the thread problem for years and never found a workable
MVC> solution on Unix.

So as no "real solution" maybe I can find one shoot solution. When
Pascal code is being called from an unknown thread (not aware of it)
which is not possible to do ? Can I access local variables non
refcounted ? Can I access global variables ? I'm quite sure the real
problem is a "lost" of memory pools, refcounters and other internal
managed structures but also I'm quite sure others can be accessed
safelly. Can you give me a little note about which must not be used at
all ? Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 José