[fpc-pascal] WriteComponent not outputting a hierarchy of components?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 00:49:19 CEST 2010

On 3 June 2010 22:58, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Marco just gave another example where the Owner is not the form.

Ok, sorry. I miss interpreted his email.

> No. It is because you only use the Owner tree instead of both the Owner
> and Parent tree.

Well, in the Form Designer of my copy of Lazarus, I can drag the Edit1
child component outside the GroupBox without it even being clipped. So
something is majorly screwed in that version of Lazarus anyway.

Coming back to your previous statement about Controls property. I
always wondered what was the point of having a Controls and Components
property. But now you cleared up that one for me. Still a crap
(unnecessary) design from Borland.

  - Graeme -