[fpc-pascal] array & record output/input

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jun 3 11:33:24 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Jos? Mejuto said:
> Hello FPC-Pascal,
>
> Thursday, June 3, 2010, 9:37:46 AM, you wrote:
>
> MvdV> Be careful here. This applies to Indy9, but Indy10 has FPC compatibility and
> MvdV> is way more portable. There is no "Indy", the various major versions are totally
> MvdV> different codebases.
>
> It was Indy 10, but more than one/two year(s) ago, when it simply does
> not compile in Lazarus (wrong units, some windows functions, ...). I'm
> currently not using Indy at all, so the whole picture could be changed
> a lot.

Indy 10 works roughly since february 2008. However the Delphi 2009+ enabled
branch has been broken for a long time for anything but the unicode
versions. This was only corrected somewhere in fall. It now works, but the
designtime support is broken.

There are some minor issues on OS X (with _some_ components only), but for
the rest to my best knowledge they work.