[fpc-pascal] array & record output/input

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:42:13 CEST 2010

Op 2010-06-02 12:34, spir het geskryf:
> no, is there a way to write custom funcs for this purpose (meaning
> access at runtime to types of items/fields). I constantly need such a
> feature. writeln(recordTostr(aPosition)) // --> (x:1 ; y:2 ; z:3)

If you used tiOPF based objects, then I could have said yes: simply use
MyObject.AsDebugString - this is something I use a lot for debugging.

Getting back to your actual question, I don't think you can use RTTI on
records or arrays - so I think the answer is no. :-/

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/