[fpc-pascal] timing again

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:51:37 CEST 2010

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:58:54 +0200
"Vinzent Höfler" <JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:

> "spir ☣" <denis.spir at gmail.com>:
>
> > Thank you. Using dos.getTime (including its last arg), the following
> > returns integer time in 10^-2s units:
> [...]
> >
> > This is the needed base for my uses. (A unit of 1s is too gross for
> > timing, this leads to endless runs; more precision than 10^-2s is
> > unneeded.)
>
> Actually, the resolution is only about 55ms (or, to be precise, the underlying clock ticks with a frequency of 1193182 / 65536 Hz).
>

> Vinzent.

Thank you for this precision. Where does getTime actually get its time? And where do these numbers come from; I mean why chose this time unit instead of plain 1/10 or 1/100 or 1/1000s? (1193182 does not look familiar to my eyes ;-)
Do you have an idea on how to get one of those time units (ms would be perfect, since more precision can be rounded, while the contrary is a hard task!)

Denis