[fpc-pascal] redirecting stdout

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:07:10 CEST 2010

2010/7/18 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>:

> Also you can try unit StreamIO (in fcl-base) which allows you to use Streams
> as TextFiles (you can also look at it to learn how to implement your own
> text driver).

This looks more promising, streams seem to be a more high level
implementation of such concepts. I'm currently looking at the source
of TStream and friends and trying to figure out how to make a stream
class with my own overridden write method.

But I do not understand the following:

function TStream.Write(const Buffer; Count: Longint): Longint;

what type is Buffer? How does it get away with the missing type
declaration without the compiler failing to compile this at all?