[fpc-pascal] Search Engine friendly CGI web apps and pages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:18:31 CEST 2010

Op 2010-07-13 15:21, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> When using cgi or FastCGI, the PATHINFO environment variable contains the
> /myaction part - in fact, it contains whatever the server finds after the
> path to the CGI app.

Thanks Michael.

I tried what you suggested but ran into a problem - that environment
variable doesn't exist here. I Googled it and I found a website that
mentions PATH_INFO environment variable instead. That worked. Thanks for
the info.

BTW:
Just so others know, if you call the CGI app directly without any
parameters, PATH_INFO is not set as an environment variable. Just another
little web gotcha! :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/