[fpc-pascal] methods of an object to create others objects

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Jul 7 18:50:03 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM, José Mejuto <joshyfun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello FPC-Pascal,
>
> Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 4:49:03 PM, you wrote:
>
> MD> Exactly.
> MD> I just wonder how you do in web apps that are not CGI. As I said
> MD> earlier in an email here:
> MD> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-pascal/2010-July/025902.html
> MD> ...but I guess that is to be reviewed, perhaps, in another thread. ;-)
>
> I don't "do" :) because I do not have almost any experience in the web
> server world, but I'm quite sure you can let the exception scale up
> to the main process, which should end due unexpected exception and the
> watchdog restart it :-? In the other hand a simple "halt" should
> terminate the fastcgi application and this should force the web server
> to reload; or maybe fastcgi applications are modules ?

Yes, you can use "halt" to stop webserver, but is not good. If exists others
apps running in the same webserver, you will stop them too!
FastCGI would be a separated app, running in memory. I think it may be
a module too, but I would not do that.
if you have an application that works separately from the web server,
then it is easier to manage it (at least by hand, but I want to know
how I do that automatically).

MD.