[fpc-pascal] methods of an object to create others objects

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:09:53 CEST 2010

Op 2010-07-07 03:32, Martin het geskryf:

> And in the 2nd case, mem leaks are no worry => the app is going to be
> closed, mem will be freed by the OS.
>
> The whole memory management could be corrupted. Trying to free
> memory could just cause more and more exceptions.

That is exactly what I was trying to explain to Andrew. If freeing an
instance is what caused the exception, no amount of try..except or
try..finally blocks will help you - you still can't free the instance, so
better notify the user to try and save, then quit the app and start again.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/