[fpc-pascal] xmlrpc unit

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 1 09:54:25 CEST 2010

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, ik wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:33, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>wrote:
>
>>> In all fairness, deprecated normally means it is "marked" as deprecated at
>>> least for one release *before* it gets deleted.  If I was ik, I'd be
>>> pretty
>>> pissed off working on a project that might be released in a week or two.
>>> Already tried and tested and passed QA, and then suddenly need to switch
>>> an unfamiliar technology that has not passed our QA yet.  Just my 2c
>>> worth.
>>>

>> True, but given that the examples didn't compile since many, many years,
>> I'd
>> say that the probability that xmlrpc passed the QA in a company was very
>> remote
>> indeed. That was why we decided to remove it alltogether at once.
>>

> Actually I have a code in PHP that does XMLRPC and a new CentOS installation
> crashes PHP without any given reason (glib error on an existed code that
> works on other servers), and I prefer to use something stable and fast
> rather then something that is not, because I do not have a lot of time to
> make things work properly (the life of freelancing).
>
> I remembered that FPC have an XMLRPC generator that allow me to just focus
> at the task I require, and wanted to use it, but the generator could not be
> compiled because of the missing unit.

Where is this generator ? I should remove it too.

In each case the stable branch still contains it. Copy it from there,
and be warned: it is no longer supported.

As for fp-web being json: There is nothing JSON specific about WST, on the
contrary, I would say ? I am still looking into getting a more leight-weight
implementation of xml-rpc in fp-web directly, as WST is sometimes a bit
heavy for simple things.

If you experience problems compiling the lot,  let me know, I'll see what I
can do to help. Be warned that fpweb development is strictly in trunk.

Michael.