[fpc-pascal] creating a standalone executable (eg: application installation file)

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:00:08 CET 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

GG> Interesting, I never thought of trying that, or that that would work.
GG> I'll try and create proof of concept tonight to see how it works.

This works at least in Windows, in fact I'm using it in a self
contained EXE/Data where the EXE and all the data files are in the
same EXE with an attached "virtual file system" at the end. Of course
the write procedure in the EXE raises many antivirus alarms but for
that application is convenient (no antivirus, no internet, no
nothing).

Other "mini-project" is the same but with a ZIP attached at the end
where the application read its internal data structures and some
graphics.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun