[fpc-pascal] some new features to delphi prisem

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Feb 21 19:53:15 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Michalis Kamburelis said:
> > You only need to change one variable, and all other instances will
> > change to. And syncron-edit applies to any selection of text. So
> > already works in more cases.
> >

> Which is cool, but only if you and all your contributors use Lazarus for
> all your editing.
> The fact that Lazarus makes something easier should
> not be a reason to reject the language feature.

It also proves that such solution external to the language is possible. That
weakens the case for a language feature

> This is a matter of taste, I can imagine uses when at least functional
> "if" would make code *more* readable. Noone forces programmers to
> convert all their case/if to functional versions if they look
> unreadable. The functional variants are supposed to be used in
> particular situations, when they make sense.

That is always the reason, but every feature must be implemented tested,
supported, and may clash with future extensions.

"it wouldn't hurt", and a bit of typing, and some fairly theoretic case
about readability are IMHO quite weak arguments.