[fpc-pascal] Re: Ido not understand UTF8 in Windows console.

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:05:43 CET 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

LFDAM> I am not using lazarus,  I am using PSPad, gedit, jedit, notepad, etc..
LFDAM> I just wanted to know is whether you can write the source code using UTF8.
LFDAM> In linux this simple program, it compiles and runs, but in windows vista
LFDAM> bussines is not possible.
LFDAM> The problem appears only when using UTF8 own
LFDAM> characters, like accented "o".
LFDAM> Example: "camiĆ³n", with accent at failure, but "camion" without an accent,
LFDAM> not the failure occurs

I had tested it in every combination that crossed my mind, with BOM,
without BOM, in ANSI, and never found the 101 error :-? Using fpc
2.5.1

I'm using WinXP SP3 so Vista can have a different behavior...[tested
the exe generated in my WinXP in a Vista and no error and no accented
"o" shown using chcp 65001].

Sources can be compiled in fpc using UTF8 sources. Remember that most
linux have a default ANSI charset UTF8 while windows uses code page.

If you like put an attached small file to be compiled directly and the
command line to be used and I'll test it.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun