[fpc-pascal] programmatically creating desktop icons under Linux

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Sun Feb 7 19:31:15 CET 2010

This question is specific to a PC running Kubuntu 9.1 64-bit with a
KDE 4.1 desktop.

I have a large number of PDFs. Their filenames are not meaningful, but
I do have a list of filename versus contents.

I'd like to be able to read that list and create a bunch of desktop
icons using the contents as the name of each icon, and where clicking
on the icons invokes okular to read the PDF. I haven't been able to
find anything about creating such an icon programmatically from Free
Pascal.

Thanks,

Brian.