[fpc-pascal] YAML support

Wimpie Nortje wimpienortje at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:09:39 CET 2010

> JSON is not related to YAML at all except in that it is a simple data
> format.
That's true, but from the yaml v1.2 spec:
"YAML can therefore be viewed as a natural superset of JSON, offering
improved human readability and a more complete information model. This
is also the case in practice; every JSON file is also a valid YAML file."

> And as far as I can see from the specs, YAML also does not offer a
> direct way
> to capture binary data.
That is also true. I got the impression from wikipedia that YAML has a
direct way to capture the binary data. From the specs I see that YAML
uses base64 coding for binary data, which was what I hoped to prevent
because it causes a lot of computation overhead.