[fpc-pascal] TVision dynamic NewSItem for RadioButton

Zitt Zitterkopf zittware at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:31:22 CET 2010

I have a list of strings inside a TStringList which contains the contents of my TurboVision RadioButton group.

This TStringList has a variable data payload... there may be 1 entry... there may be 10 entries.

I need to create a RadioButton Group with a variable number of entries; however, my documentation doesn't seem to give me a pointer to how this can be done. All of the RadioButton examples appear to be static.

    Bruce := New(PRadioButtons, Init(R,
      NewSItem('~1~ OS A',
      NewSItem('~2~ OS B',
      NewSItem('~3~ OS C',
      nil)))
    ));
    Insert(Bruce);

It looks like the second Init parameter is a linked list of sorts; I hope I don't have to get creative in recreating this list.

Suggestions on how to proceed?