[fpc-pascal] Progress indication while linking

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Dec 28 13:28:16 CET 2010

On 28 Dec 2010, at 13:17, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Thanks, I'd forgotten that site. Tries to tell me that CPU is 0.05 but still takes 10 secs to login- I'm pretty sure the whole system's thrashing... [applies ear to case] yup, it's thrashing.

The ld manual page lists some options you can use to reduce its memory usage:
* --no-keep-memory (makes it re-read object symbol tables from time to time instead of keeping them in memory all the time)
* --reduce-memory-overheads (small hash tables and slower but less memory-intensive link map generation algorithm)

Jonas