[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 24 15:31:50 CET 2010

Am 23.12.2010 16:20, schrieb alexvins at mail.ru:

>>> Wine has ability to load windows libraries on linux.
>> .. into windows programs.
>>
>>> This technology could be used to implement cross-platform packages.
>> Yes, run the FPC/win32 binary in Wine :-)

> I`ve heard that some cross-platform projects use this to build
> cross-platform plug-ins.

Yeah... and only works on i386- and x86_64-linux.

Runtime packages will come sooner or later, maybe not this year (ok...
that's hard to beat ^^) and maybe not next year. But when they come
they'll be implemented in a good cross platform way without such hackish
approaches like requiring Wine or some other big dependencies.

Regards,
Sven