[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Dec 22 17:00:48 CET 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Dimitri Smits wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is so different on this mail than the one I sent a few months ago to the fpc-devel list?
>
> anyway, it would require some packages (bpl) language/RTE additions as well.

Would you care to explain why you think so ?

The 2 features have nothing to do with each other whatsoever.
You can perfectly add extended RTTI to FPC without package support.

It may be that package support (if/whenever it appears) may need to take into account
RTTI, but certainly not the other way round.

Michael.