[fpc-pascal] generics class hierarchy

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 18 22:59:21 CET 2010

On 18.12.2010 22:22, David Emerson wrote:
>> Would you please state your FPC version the next time? (If you have
>> stated I, but I haven't seen it: I'm sorry) Some problems might be fixed
>> in the development version while they aren't in the latest release.
>
> I tried with both 2.4.2 and 2.5.1 (fetched via svn and compiled. Took me quite
> some time to figure out how to get it to run properly without installing it as
> root)
>
> The main error was the same in both:
>
> genericstest.pas(22,50) Error: Identifier not found "_t_point"
>
> line 22, in "type" context:
>    generic gt_box<_t_point,_num>  = class (_t_point)   // FAILS :-(

I've now looked at your example code in more detail (I was working the
last time I wrote you). Where did you define "_t_point"? I only found a
"t_point" in your second mail.

Would you please post (or at least attach) your complete test unit? In
the meantime I'll try to test it with the code pieces you wrote.

Regards,
Sven