[fpc-pascal] Problem with OpenGL drawing on Linux

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Dec 11 13:28:38 CET 2010

Hi Felipe,

On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 11:39 +0100, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Your program shows this in my Mac OS X:
>
> http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/640/screencapture3p.png
This is exactly what I see on windows, and what is expected. Thanks for confirming.

> Strange the the window does not have a close button.
Indeed strange. Possibly a problem with GLUT. Could you try with
freeGLUT? Michalis has supplied a patch to support freeGLUT more easy
which was committed recently.

For those interested, I am working on a canvas class for OpenGL that
descends from TFPCustomCanvas. You can find the sources here:
http://scandraid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scandraid/src/branches/grape3D_0.10/ant/glcanvas.pas?revision=289&view=markup
I also created a TGLFreeTypeFont which draws FreeType fonts to the GL
context. This is all part of a new widget set with a dependency on
OpenGL and FreeType only.

Regards, Darius