[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Dec 11 11:53:52 CET 2010

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> 11.12.2010 13:13, Thierry Coq wrote:
>> Delphi 2010 has changed the RTTI mechanism, and it is said to be much more
>> usable than the previous one.
>> (see here for example: http://www.malcolmgroves.com/blog/?p=476)
> I would said extended what they had before.

Indeed, it's an extension of what existed before.

>> Currently, the FPC doesn't implement this new mechanism (See Jonas' answer
>> to my previous post, badly sent :-( ).
>> But it might be possible to add this mechanism, by making patches to FPC.
> Yes.
>>
>> Would it interest somebody to have this new functionality?
> Yes.

I agree with Paul. The FPC team is certainly interested in having this,
but finding time to implement this is another matter.

If you want to look into it, I think Paul can help on the compiler end,
and I'm willing to help with the extra RTL functionality.

Michael.