[fpc-pascal] Numerics and graphics in Free Pascal

Paulo Malheiros paulo.malheiros at fe.up.pt
Fri Dec 10 22:49:08 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 22:33 +0100, Karsten Rothemund wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am new to the list and read it for nearly a week now. So it may be the
> topic is already answered. In this case, I say sorry.
>
> I want to start programming in Free Pascal using Lazarus (installed from
> the Debian Squeeze) because I want to do programming on my Debian system
> but I also want use the programs on Windows too. My interests are
> related to numerics and scientific calculations.
>
> There are two things I haven't found in the documentation up to now:
>
> 1. is there a library to easy handle matrices or do other numerical
> calculations like the numpy package does for python? (multiply, solve
> Ax=b, numerical integration)

To handle matrices I use DynMatrix
http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~paco/pmwiki/index.php?n=DynMatrix.DynMatrix

> 2. display graphic representations of data (ploting functions or points
> in coordinate system, contour plots, 3D plots, etc; example here again
> my be python multiplot package)? I know there is something like drawing
> graphic primitives (lines, points, arcs ....) which of course can be used
> to code something.

Lazarus has TAChart component for 2D graphs
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/TAChart

I've used GLScene for some 3D plotting
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GLScene

You should try the Lazarus mailing list for extra help.

Paulo M.