[fpc-pascal] Working Free Pascal android JNI example

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Dec 7 16:35:58 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > normal Java or CIL one). The biggest problem is to create a suitable RTL and
> > to be able to use the classes that are provided by the VM.
>
> In fact I think this is one of the more easy things.
> The main problem seems to me that you need to support things like pointers,
> which is something deeply embedded in Pascal.

I think the "suitable RTL" is a reference to an earlier discussion about
this subject, where this (pointers) was also said, and that maintaining an
native RTL without pointers was not desirable.  (and just after that is in
the air the guaranteed destructors will start to that, and the systems will
divergate more and more )

IOW, only the compiler frontend is shared, nothing else.