[fpc-pascal] make smart doesn't work for cross build

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Aug 24 07:50:45 CEST 2010

On 21 Aug 2010, at 08:59, leledumbo wrote:

> I want to build a smartlinked (stripped and optimized as well) version of fpc
> for win64 from win32, so I call:
> make all smart STRIP=1 OPTIMIZE=1 OS_TARGET=win64 CPU_TARGET=x86_64
>
> but this ends in failing to call ppcx64. Hey, shouldn't it call ppcrossx64?

I don't think that calling "make smart" in the top level directory is supported at all. "make all" will automatically build all units in a smartlinkable way on platforms where this is supported. Smartlinking the compiler and the utilities is never done (which saved at least saved one FPC release until now from being partially broken due to bugs in the smartlinking support).

Jonas