[fpc-pascal] ARM-Cortex port

Jeppe Johansen jepjoh2 at kom.aau.dk
Mon Aug 23 16:21:03 CEST 2010

  Den 23-08-2010 16:09, Andreas Berger skrev:
>  I know that FPC works under ARM+Linux. Is this also true for the
> Cortex version of ARM? One of our major applications is written in C++
> simply because it is to run in the future on an embedded system as
> well as the PC. Well the embedded processor has been chosen - the
> Luminary (TI) ARM-Cortex processor.
>
> Will FPC run on this processor? Does anyone have experience? If FPC
> runs I may be able to convert my last C++ app to pascal.
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas

 From my findings Luminary is Cortex-M3 based, in which case there's
needed a base code RTL for it. FPC will generate code for it, and it
should generally work, but it's not very optimized yet(other than
generic optimization), and there are many unsupported inline assembler
instructions(primarily special system instructions). But there are
ofcourse workarounds for the assembler code

Currently there's only half working stub code for the STM32F103
Cortex-M3 based chip, but I'll gladly help if you have any questions

Regards,
Jeppe