[fpc-pascal] textmode ide configuration

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:48:01 CEST 2010

On 02.08.2010 16:30, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
>>> quick question: where does the textmode IDE store its configuration?
>>
>> I think that by default it stores them in the current directory (to
>> support different configuration files for different "projects".) The
>> names are fp.ini, fp.cfg and fp.dsk
>
> Afaik if it can find centrally stored ones, it asks if you want to use them
> or create new ones. At least it works that way on windows.

I found them, it was fp.ini, fp.cfg and fp.dsk in the current directory.
I didn't notice them because I was doing some experiments in my home dir
and i did it from the console, so I didn't see them amongst all my other
files there at a glance.

It suddenly didn't display any compiler error messages anymore and I
read somewhere that this might be a messed up configuration, so I was
searching for a global configuration file. Simply deleting the above
mentioned files solved the problem.