[fpc-pascal] compilation feeback

spir ☣ denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:40:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

3 little questions about messages:

-1- "local" variable
When a program-global variable is unused, the compiler message reads 'Note: Local variable "x" not used'.
Is this a mistake or do I misunderstand some point?

-2- place of error messages
In the output, warnings seem to always come before the deadly 'Compilation failed'. But error messages seem to randomly be placed before, after, or even both. Is there a logic I don't catch behind this? Or is it a bug of my terminal's writing system (I use a VTE).

-3- linker message
I systematically get
'/use/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?'
What does this mean?

Thank you,
Denis