[fpc-pascal] FindFirst()

Bihar Anwar bihar_anwar at rocketmail.com
Fri Apr 23 06:50:26 CEST 2010

In Windows XP and upper, traversing directories starting from root directory (e.g. D:\) using FindFirst() and FindNext() will fail (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED) when iteration encounters "System Volume Information" directory. I solved this by ignoring this error code and keep looping. However, I don't know the equivalent error code in Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, etc. since I guest this behaviour should be there also in those OSes. Is there a universal way to handle this?

Thanks in advance.