[fpc-pascal] FPClassChart

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Apr 22 16:29:43 CEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
>> Timing:
>> The codetools of the IDE were developed before fcl-passrc was fully
>> developed.
>>
>> Maybe now the fcl-passrc parser is at a stage where it becomes an
>> option to use it in the IDE.
>
> Hmm, I thought that it was because fcl-passrc is for code that is mostly
> correct, while an editor parser (e.g. highlighting etc) must be able to
> recover to a sane (but not necessarily 100% correct) state after errors?

That is certainly an element; Although I don't think the highlighter
uses the codetools, as it is based on synedit. The codetools themselves
are much less forgiving about wrong code. It's usually impossible to get
any of the codetools to work if there is an error in the code somewhere,
and not necessarily in the unit that you happen to be working in.

Michael.