[fpc-pascal] One small step for Pascalkind ...

Roger Bailey rb at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Apr 19 11:04:05 CEST 2010

... one big step for me.

Dear FP Seers --

I'm struggling to port a heap of software written in Think Pascal to Mac OS X, and I'm finding the learning curve for Unix and Xcode extremely steep, with huge quantities of impenetrable documentation for both. I'm sorry to say that some of the FPC documentation errs in this direction too.

Is this an appropriate forum for stupid beginners' questions? My immediate problems relate to Xcode, which doesn't really seem know about FPC. Perhaps there's someone on the list I could ask privately so as not to drive you all crazy with elementary questions (I'm on other technical lists, so I know how irritating this can be)?

Thanks

Roger Bailey