[fpc-pascal] Initializing a record-type variable to get rid of the false-positive compiler hint

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:11:03 CEST 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

Thursday, April 15, 2010, 6:43:41 AM, you wrote:

BA> Thanks for your reply José, but what is the philosophy behind
BA> the solution? and What are the reasons for $PUSH and $POP? Also, I
BA> tried to remove the $HINTS directive, and it worked fine without
BA> it. Could you explain this?

Rec parameter is qualified as "out" so, the enter values is
non-important and the compiler will not generate the "non initialized"
hint.

The $PUSH pushes in fpc stack the current settings about hints,
warnings, alignement, etc, then I change the hints to off, because
FillByte could produce (not sure with formal parameter) the hint
message and then $POP restores previous settings about hints and other
directives.

--
Best regards,
 José