[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit v0.7-rc1 for FPC 2.4

Roberto Padovani padovani.r at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:47:20 CEST 2010

2010/4/11 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> On 10 April 2010 19:20, Schindler Karl-Michael
> <karl-michael.schindler at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> I tried a bit more using colorlistbox. But what would be as simple as possible X11 examples? working with gdb is quite tedious.
>>

> >From fpGUI point of view, simply creating a single main window with
> nothing in it. A lot still happens in the background, and that is
> where the Mac+X11 problems are.
>
> If you wanted a Object Pascal example of talking directly to Xlib to
> create a GUI X11 application, I can do that. I have a few test apps
> like that at work. I'll post one on Monday when I am back in the
> office.
>
> It's pretty hard trying to implement a platform I don't have hardware
> or software for. I'll try and see if it is possible to install Mac OS
> in a VirtualBox session - not sure if this is possible. I'll Google
> for more information. Is one allowed to buy Mac OS-X without actually
> owning a Mac? Will the iStore or general computer shop actually ask
> for proof of Mac hardware?

for the virtualization, the problem is the absence of the drivers for
most of the pc hardware.... unless you happen to have a pc with the
very few types of devices used in macs.
You don't need to proof anything to buy it, but consider that:
- it is expressly forbidden by the license to install on a non-Apple
assembled hardware
- you can't buy a cheap upgrade, but you need a full os install 10.5 +
the snow leopard upgrade (i.e. i think there is no full 10.6 on the
market)
- you can easily find used mac mini's, if the 500€ new one are out of budget

R.