[fpc-pascal] CLX is returning to Delphi 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 12:13:16 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 12:02, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Well, It is the least work for them.
> Except that they'll have a HUGE amount of bugs to fix, if you look at the
> FreeCLX bugtracker on sourceforge :-)

Definately! I just told somebody else on another mailing list that
wanted to use the current FreeCLX the same thing - it's riddled with
bugs.

> In each case, the decision for remote debugging is IMHO fatal. I would never
> want to work like that; it simply is not practical.

+1
They will probably only attract a few server side developers (non-gui
services or daemon and web apps), but I will never be able to work on
full desktop GUI apps like that either. This will probably cause the
cross-compiler uptake to be very slow - so I can just imagine the
cross-compiler support will be canned again in a few years. :-/

Oh well, that's good news for FPC, fpGUI, Lazarus, MSEgui etc.  :-)

  - Graeme -