[fpc-pascal] Documentation strangeness

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 08:39:29 CEST 2010

On 5 April 2010 21:26, John Coppens wrote:

> I'm sure the selection of IPF/INF caused some discussion at the time,
> particularly at a time where xml is the magic recipe for everything ;-)

As Marco said, the class documentation is in XML and gets transformed
to other "final" formats via the 'fpdoc' tool.

IPF is a easy to understand mark-up language - similar to HTML, just
shorter to type. IPF is also dedicated to documentation/books only,
and describes the various text (similar to LaTeX). Later I'll
implement some help authoring tool (if the need arises). MSEide
already has syntax highlighting for IPF, which helps a lot in
authoring help.

  - Graeme -